Terms of Service
Terms of Service
The purpose of these Terms of Service is to set forth the terms, conditions, and procedures for using the SeAH Group Internet site (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), services provided by SeAH Besteel Corp. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company"), and other necessary matters.
Article 1 Purpose
These Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as "Terms of Service") are intended to specify the terms and conditions and other necessary matters concerning the use of the website service (hereinafter referred to as "Service") provided by the Company between SeAH Besteel Corp. (hereinafter referred to as "Company"), which manages the SeAH Group website (hereinafter referred to as "Website"), and the customers.
Article 2 Effectiveness and changes to the Terms of Service
(1) These Terms of Service shall be effective upon online publication on the website (www.seah.co.kr) and may be amended for reasonable cause to the extent not inconsistent with applicable laws and regulations, including the Act On The Consumer Protection In Electronic Commerce, the Act On The Regulation Of Terms And Conditions, the Framework Act On Electronic Documents And Transactions, the Electronic Financial Transactions Act, the Digital Signature Act, the Act On Promotion Of Information And Communications Network Utilization And Information Protection, the Act On Door-to-door Sales, and the Framework Act On Consumers. The revised Terms of Service will be effective upon publication online, and the Company will notify customers in advance of any material amendments to the Terms of Service, including changes to their rights or obligations.
(2) Acceptance of these Terms of Service means that you agree to regularly visit the website to check for changes to the Terms of Service. The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the customer not being informed about the changed Terms of Service.
Article 3 Non-Terms of Service
(1) These Terms of Service apply in conjunction with the usage guidelines for individual services provided by the Company ("Service Specific Guidelines").
(2) Matters not specified in these Terms of Service shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations and the purpose of the service-specific guidelines.
Article 4 Definition of terms
(1) The following are definitions of terms used in these Terms of Service:
(a) The term "customer" means a user who accesses the Website and uses the services provided by the Website in accordance with these Terms of Service.
(b) The term "terminal" means a personal computer and modem installed by the customer to use the services provided by the Company.
(2) The definitions of terms used in these Terms of Service shall be as set forth in relevant laws and regulations and service-specific guidelines, except as provided in Paragraph.
Article 5 Establishment of the use agreement
The use agreement is established when the customer applies for membership by filling out the membership information according to the registration form set by the website and indicating that he/she agrees to these Terms of Service, and the company approves the customer's application for use.
Article 6 Protection and use of personal information
The Company endeavours to protect the personal information of its customers, including customer registration information, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. The protection and use of customer personal information is governed by applicable laws and regulations and the Company's personal information processing policy. However, the Company's personal information processing policy does not apply to websites linked from the web other than the Company's official website. In addition, the Company disclaims all responsibility for information exposed due to reasons attributable to the customer.
Article 7 Withdrawal of membership and loss of eligibility, etc.
(1) Customers may request to withdraw from the Website at any time, and the Company will process their withdrawal immediately upon their request.
(2) If a customer falls under any of the following categories, the Company may restrict or suspend membership.
(a) If the customer registers false information when applying for
(b) If the customer uses the Website to perform any act prohibited by law or these Terms of Service or contrary to public order and morals
(c) If the customer interferes with other customers' use of the Website
Article 8 Obligations of the Company
(1) The Company shall make the Service available to the Customer on the date of commencement of the provision of the Service desired by the customer, unless there are special circumstances.
(2) In order to provide continuous and stable services, the Company shall repair or restore the facilities without delay unless there is an unavoidable reason if they are damaged or destroyed.
(3) The Company shall establish a security system to protect personal information and shall disclose and comply with the personal information processing policy.
(3) The Company shall immediately handle opinions or complaints raised by customers through appropriate procedures if they are objectively recognised as justified. However, if it is difficult to handle it immediately, the customer shall be notified of the reason and the handling schedule.
Article 9 Hours of service use
(1) The Service shall be operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, unless there are special business or technical difficulties. However, the Company may suspend the Service on a day or time determined by the Company for regular inspection, expansion and replacement of the system, and the suspension of the Service due to scheduled work will be announced in advance through the Website.
(2) Notwithstanding Paragraph (1), the Company may temporarily suspend the Service without notice due to unavoidable reasons such as urgent system maintenance, expansion and replacement, and in this case, the Company may completely suspend the currently provided Service for reasons deemed appropriate by the Company, such as replacement with a new Service. However, in this case, the Company will notify customers of the reasons and period of time in advance or afterwards.1
(3) The Company may limit or suspend all or part of the Services if it is impossible to provide normal services due to a national emergency, power outage, failure of service facilities, or excessive use of the Services. However, in this case, the Company will notify customers of the reasons and period of time in advance or afterwards.
(4) The Company shall not provide prior notice in the case of service interruption due to reasons beyond the control of the Company (such as intentional or negligent disk failure of the system administrator, system down, etc.), and shall not provide separate notice in the case of system interruption due to intentional or negligent interruption of others (such as PC telecommunication companies, key telecommunications business operators, etc.).
(5) The Company may divide the Service into specific ranges and specify the availability time for each range separately. However, in this case, the contents will be notified in advance.
Article 10 Post management
The Company may delete, move, or refuse to register any post or material that falls under any of the following items without prior notice:
- If it disseminates or links to content that violates public order and morals;
- If it promotes piracy or hacking;
- If it is an advertisement for profit;
- If the content is objectively recognised as being linked to a crime;
- If the content infringes other rights such as copyright of other customers or third parties;
- If it violates the posting principles stipulated by the company or is inconsistent with the nature of the bulletin board;
- If it is deemed to be in violation of other relevant laws and regulations.
Article 11 Copyright for posts
(1) The copyright in posts made by customers within the Service screens belongs to the customer who posted them. In addition, the Company may not commercially exploit the postings without the poster's consent. However, this is not the case for non-profit purposes, and the Company reserves the right to post them within the Service screen.
(2) Customers may not commercially use materials posted on the Service, such as arbitrarily processing or selling information obtained using the Service, without the prior consent of the Company.
(3) The Company may delete, move, or refuse to register the contents of the Service that the customer posts or registers without prior notice if the Company determines that the contents fall under any of the subparagraphs of Article 10.
Article 12 Provision of Information
(1) The Company may provide the Customer with various information deemed necessary for the use of the Service by e-mail or letter mail.
(2) The Company may require additional personal information with the consent of customers in accordance with the Personal Information Processing Policy for the purpose of improving services and introducing services to customers.
Article 13 Advertising and dealing with advertisers
(1) Part of the investment base for the Services that enables us to provide the Services to customers comes from revenue from serving advertisements. Customers consent to the display of advertisements to which they are exposed when using the Service.
(2) The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from customers' participation in advertisers' promotional activities posted on the Service or through the Service, or from communications or transactions.
Article 14 Compensation
The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by customers in connection with the use of services provided free of charge on the Website, unless otherwise stipulated in the personal information processing policy.
Article 15 Indemnity
(1) The Company shall not be liable for the provision of the Services if the Company is unable to provide the Services due to natural disasters, war, or another equivalent force majeure.
(2) The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by the key telecommunications business operators's suspension or failure to provide telecommunications services normally.
(3) The Company shall not be liable for damages caused by unavoidable reasons such as repair, replacement, periodic inspection, and construction of facilities for the Service.
(4) The Company shall not be liable for any disruption or damage to the use of the Service caused by reasons attributable to customers.
(5) The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by any computer error of customers, or for any damages caused by the customer's inaccurate description of his/her personal information and e-mail address.
(6) The Company shall not be liable for any failure to obtain or loss of profits expected by customers using the Services.
(7) The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by materials obtained by customers while using the Service. In addition, the Company shall not be liable for compensation for mental damage caused by other customers while using the Service.
(8) The Company shall not be responsible for the reliability, accuracy, etc. of any information, data, or facts posted by customers on the Services.
(9) The Company shall not be obliged to intervene in any disputes arising through the Service between customers and between customers and third parties, and shall not be liable to compensate for any damages resulting therefrom.
(10) The Company shall not be liable for any damages in connection with the use of services provided by the Company to customers free of charge.
Article 16 Jurisdiction and governing law
(1) Matters not specified in these Terms of Service shall be governed by relevant laws and customs, including the Telecommunications Business Act, the Act On Promotion Of Information And Communications Network Utilization And Information Protection, etc.
(2) For the Company's flat-rate service customers and other paid service customers, the Terms of Service and policies set by the Company separately shall apply.
(3) The laws of the Republic of Korea shall apply to disputes arising out of the use of the Services, and any litigation in connection therewith shall be submitted to the courts of the Republic of Korea having jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act
(1) These Terms of Service take effect from 9 May 2022.